Monday, December 28, 2009

TOP GUN

Here we go with another favorite bike story of mine from my childhood. My mom found out she was pregnant with my sister Stephanie through a bike wreck of mine. Me and a group of friends we riding in a formation! We were fighter planes and I was Maverick!! We were talking back and forth like we were on the radios. Since I was Maverick I was out front leading the pack. Well one of the times I looked back to talk I hit a small rock in the road that made me loose control of the front wheel. I tried to correct myself and over corrected turning the wheel completely sideways. This threw me over the bars head first at full speed. I slid about 10 feet on my chin! Next thing I remember was some neighbors carrying me home screaming. My mom called someone and then we were at the hospital. I heard them say I had to get stitches and started freaking out. Anyway when they gave me the numbing shot, my mom said the skin just fell to the sides and you could see all inside. She passed out, while they were tending to her they found out she was pregnant!! WOW what a surprise! That was the first and only time I needed stitches. I have been lucky I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment