Sunday, December 27, 2009

THIS BIKE BELONGS TO MY WIFE MARGARET


Hello Bike enthusiast.  This bike shown here belongs to my wife.  It is not for sale.  My son and I have chose it for our blog title photo.  I thought it would be good to tell you a little about it.  My wife was born in 1952 and this bike was hers as a child.  And now here is the story told by her.  By Margaret Turner - Hello bike collectors.  I am Odell's wife and I have a story for you.  This bike was bought for me in early 1960's.  I'm not real sure what exact year.  My Aunt and Grandmother live together and my Grandmother was in a wheelchair.  During the summer while school was out, I stayed with my Grandmother while my Aunt was at work.  They bought me this bike for sitting with her.  It came from Dave Faxon's Western Auto Store in Bowling Green, KY.  which was downtown on the square.  This store is no longer in business.  As a matter of fact their is not even a Western Auto Store in Bowling Green.  As a little girl, I was very proud of this bike.

Odell Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment