Friday, December 25, 2009

ANOTHER CHILDHOOD MEMORY

Growing up I lived in a trailer park where there were plenty of other kids. I would always make my mom so mad at me, when I would trade my new gifts for the other kids old bikes. I never had just one bike. Like I remember getting a scooter, the kind that you push like a skate board.I had begged and begged for it. I think I had it a week or two when I traded it for two old bikes. My mom about killed me. I loved taking them apart and switching parts from one to another. We also got very creative with the things we did on our bikes. Once we had a demolition derby in a huge muddy area. It was a lot of fun until my shoe string got wrapped around the pedal and I fell over in the mud with my foot all twisted up against the pedal, and my cousin Steven and the others just laughed! I was ready to kill them! But my love for bikes has been strong as long as I can remember, just ask my dad that used to get me one every year or two for Christmas. I remember him getting me several but one stands out. The Sigma it was a light grey bike with white tires and plastic white discs that covers the spokes! I loved that bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment