Thursday, January 14, 2010

EBAY PURCHASE GONE BAD!!!

Well the bike I talked about back around Christmas that I bid on and won on Ebay never showed. I contacted the seller 3 times. He never responded until one day after the delivery deadline. He told me the weather had been to bad and cold for him to ship that he would do it ASAP. I looked back at his profile to see that he lived in Texas!!! How bad could the weather have been in Texas the past 3 weeks!?!? But the next day he sent me another message that he went to ship it and it was gonna cost $20 more to ship. If I wanted to pay that he would ship and if not he would just keep the bike. I responded that I was not paying anymore, and he needs to just ship and take the loss, which would have been around a dollar, plus his cost of the bike! Not my problem!! Then I filed a case on paypal. Oh by the way I looked back at his recent history, and he had bought and sold several things since Dec 25th when he received my payment. Bad weather(IN TEXAS) must have not kept him from shipping his other sold items!!!Well today I emailed him and asked if he planned on keeping my money and my bike? He responded that he would give my money back, and now someone stole the bike!?!?!?!? I then asked how he planned on giving my money back. He said I used paypal, so he would send it back that way. So we will see!! I wish he lived closer so I could just show up on his door step!!! Advise BEWARE of Ebay purchases, read all available feedback and contact the seller about any weird feedback before bidding!!!

3 comments:

  1. One other note, just trying to be friendly. Any time you use PayPal, make sure that you use the credit card funding source and not the instant transfer from your account balance or your bank account. I keep my PayPal balance at zero for precisely this reason.

    I bought an item (not on ebay) from a seller who shipped it with simple USPS tracking; no signature. It never arrived, but the USPS site showed that it had been delivered to my zip code.

    The seller said I was out of luck and a PayPal complaint resulted in nothing. The PayPal rep said that the USPS site showed the item was delivered. He just ignored me when I asked if the seller could have sent an empty envelope to any address in my zipcode and that that would be enough to satisfy them. I'm not saying the seller did that, but mail is misdelivered every day.

    My only recourse was to file a credit card dispute and that was successful; so don't pay with any other funding source other than your credit card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Manny for the advise and looking at our site. Jason

    ReplyDelete