Thursday, July 1, 2010

1977 All Pro Murray Firecat Chopper Info

I found out by from the serial number that my chopper was made March 1977. The bike is dated 3-77, the seat is dated 3-8-77. So it is a little over a month older than me. Then I found out from a member of The Muscle Bike Forums that collects the Firecats that the All Pro Firecats are believed by him to only have been made in March of 1977. He has been researching any Firecat he comes across and he said every All Pro version he has got a date from has been March 1977. I am going to try to slowly restore this bike 100% correct. I want to take my time, if it means save money for months to buy the right tire. I am already getting the front forks and maybe the bars from Ron from the Muscle Bike Forums and maybe the reflector brackets from the member that collects these bikes. So hopfully in a couple of years this bike will be like new!

No comments:

Post a Comment